Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Assessment meeting

This morning I had a meeting with an assessor from PMH. She was very nice but whichever way you look at it, it does mean extra work for me. George was asleep in bed while she was there. She was thinking hospital level until she saw me try to do something for him and saw how he resists anyone doing anything and she said to me that she didn't think they would cope at hospital level. I don't either as they don't deal with dementia problems and this can be when they expect to give them medication to keep them calm. I would be really upset if they try to do this. She is therefore recommending he goes to hospital level dementia care which is the highest level of care.

There is another meeting in the morning to approve this assessment. I went to a home with a vacancy at this level but the room had just been taken. Tomorrow I am going to have to see what we can do.

George is very frail and does not sit or stand any more! This decline has been so quick. I feel so sorry for him but that is little help to him. At the moment I talk and sing to try to give him some quality of life (even though my singing is awful!).

One step at a time!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about George's decline and sincerely hope you are able to get him the quality of care that he needs.

    ReplyDelete